- The successful applicant will be joining a strong and ever-growing Front of House team spread across multiple sites in the UK.
- The Senior Receptionist will guide, direct and co-ordinate the Dyson Institute Front of House team from its inception, with the goal of providing the personal and world-class customer care that Dyson is renowned.
- Ensuring that any requests and needs are quickly and professionally taken care of.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
The Dyson Institute is the latest innovation by James Dyson, encouraging the next generation into engineering. Our students are like no others; working on live projects with our Global Engineering team alongside their studies for the duration of their degree, they are passionate about tackling the challenges that drive us and creating new and exciting technology for the future.
These extraordinary students will share their accommodation alongside leading Dyson minds visiting and staying at our Headquarters, from across the globe. The Dyson Institute will encompass both student and hotel-style accommodation and have dedicated Front of House team providing service and support to our guests 24 hours a day, year round. The Front of House team within the Institute will act almost entirely independently from the office-based Reception teams
- Effectively supervising, training and managing of all Front of House services (including but not limited to: Reception, Night Porters, Reservations, Switchboard)
- Ensuring and maintaining a consistently efficient, professional and friendly level of service.
- Managing cleanliness of reception and front of house areas.
- Assessing and managing team performance and liaising with Front Office Lead to report any shortcomings and to recommend appropriate action
- Carrying out reception shifts when required. Assisting and updating relevant, and creating new, Reception SOP's
- Creating a staff rota that meets the business needs
- Supporting your colleagues as part of a team and ensuring the department is covered 365 days a year.
- Project work as assigned by senior management. Manage an efficient handover between reception shifts.
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- Attending training courses and meetings as required.
- Ensuring that the agreed standard of personal presentation is adhered to at all times.
- Previous Reception experience is essential, preferably within a hotel or catering environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working in a team.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
- Computer literate; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage but not essential.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants