Senior IoT Security Researcher
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Research into existing and new security technologies.
- Provide security advice and assurance throughout the product development lifecycle and design reviews.
- Performing targeted application vulnerability assessments, and ethical hacking across systems.
- Drive continuous improvement in application/product security and champion changes to the organisation to be able to respond to new threats.
- Lead projects that involve security focused changes to our application architecture
- Ensure we are aligning with industry recognised Standards and emerging IoT Standards and reference designs.
This role requires both in-depth technical understanding of the underlying technologies we utilise, and a keenness to deliver research into a larger, highly motivated team to deliver world-class solutions. We would expect the following key competencies:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Security, other related subject or equivalent experience.
- Strong Experience with IoT and Cloud connectivity and related security techniques
- Expert knowledge of security methodology and frameworks.
- Experience of orchestrating Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments and Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.