Senior Research Engineer
Competitive + Bonus + Pension + 27 Days Holiday
Applicants for this particular role must have significant experience in the aforementioned areas, specifically to the development of critical processes ready for pilot scale manufacture. This role will involve
- The review of unit operations and processes that have been identified at a research level and the development of these to reliable and reproducible process steps
- Review of alternative and parallel technology methods to achieve the same aim
- To identify methods of manufacture whereby significant cost or quality improvements could be determined
- Working with partners and internal engineers to rapidly prototype solutions for trial & verification
To lead development projects with partners and collaborators for the prototyping and engineering of equipment. As a senior employee, the successful applicant would be expected to :
- Develop the concept, proving key technologies and demonstrating the system feasibility
- Prove the production intent solution and create suitable documentation prior to handover to the manufacturing teams and partners
- Demonstrate solutions are safe, robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis
- Assist in the personal development of junior team members.
A confident dynamic engineer with at least 5 years’ experience working in either solar, electronics, materials development, OLED, fuel-cell or battery industries. Self-starter but also a hands-on, numerically confident and capable. Embraces clear direction and is able to maintain focus and has a track record of delivering to their objectives. Has worked in a fast-paced development environment and has the capability to think on their feet.
- Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
- 5 Years experience developing processes or products Project progression
- Has demonstrated taken a product/idea/process from research (early phase) through to prototype on a number of occasions
- Process Development for manufacture including demonstrated decision influencing.
- Product & process engineering for quality & value with demonstrated improvements
- Post-graduate degree
- Experienced CAD user / designer Vacuum (UHV & HV) engineering, assembly, design, maintenance System layout & sub-assembly design
- Thin Film Deposition Design & construction of development and Pilot-Line equipment
- Batch & continuous processes (Roll to Roll)
- Multi-stage unit operations; timings & work-flow Hazardous & complex environments, (e.g. dry / explosive / particulate / vapour)
- Construction of test facilities - Metal working, assembly, design (CAD), electronics
- Data acquisition & Processing
- Scientific in understanding but engineering in mind-set.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel Statistical process control – Lean Six Sigma type approaches.
- Battery material development – Anodes/Cathodes/Electrolyte