Senior Research Scientist - New Technology Research
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
The Senior Research Scientist will use their advanced level of knowledge in technical test method development in order to translate the test requirements into a formulation space, develop the formulation & prove success as a product performance measure.
The role will involve:
- Definition and alignment of formulated product performance specifications
- Design & production of formulated prototypes to meet agreed upon technical targets
- Research and development of lab based methods to gauge prototype stability & physical parameters
- Development of the technical test methods using the formulated prototypes
- Collection and reporting of results to aid project design decisions
- Collaboration with external material suppliers to identify relevant technologies & obtain samples
- Deliver specialist knowledge to Engineers and management team as part of project progress reviews
- Support marketing, sales and other functions with science knowledge as required.
- Significant experience in formulating polymeric and/or emulsion based products with focus on film forming technology, dry times optimisation and colorants.
- Experience & expertise in modelling ingredient performance against design specifications
- Demonstrated capability in method development to measure formulation performance
- Passion for science and problem solving in a product development context
- Creative problem solver who is intellectually sharp
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in research and development of formulated products (expertise in a cosmetics or paint sector would be beneficial)
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach
- Experience of commercial R&D is essential