Senior Robotics Computer Vision and Control Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Senior Robotics Computer Vision and Control Engineer to join our ambitious team in Malmesbury.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics reseach programme forward by developing next generation perception and control systems to solve problems in real world robotics. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Creation and implementation of novel solutions to real world problems in machine perception or actuation.
- Design software & implement in C++, Python or Matlab.
- Rapidly prototype software in a language appropriate to the problem.
- Systems integration, testing, and analysis of prototype mechanical, electronics, sensors, and software sub-systems
- PhD (or equivalent industrial research experience) applied to practical problems relevant to robotics.
- Understanding of systems design and integration.
- Proven ability to integrate low and high level software with corresponding physical systems.
- Knowledge of C++.
- Understanding of different sensors and their limitations.
- Ability to design new algorithms for actuation driven by perception.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of Matlab & Python
- Knowledge of existing robotics software frameworks (e.g. ROS).
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience using open-source libraries