Senior Robot Vision Research Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Senior Robot Vision Research Engineer to join our ambitious team in Malmesbury.
Advanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
Join a growing team working to put useful robotic systems into the homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics research programme forward by developing next generation sensor and software solutions to solve problems in machine perception. The role involves the research and development of vision systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Creation and implementation of novel solutions to real world problems in machine vision
- Generate novel algorithms and sensing solutions
- Rapidly prototype software in a language appropriate to the problem.
- PhD or industry experience in visual perception or a relevant mathematical field
- Experience of applying computer vision in unconstrained real world environments
- Excellent software implementation
- Self-motivated and able to work in inter-disciplinary team
- Ability to generate novel algorithms and solutions to hard problems
- Fluency with C++ and Python
- Knowledge of relevant software tools e.g. OpenCV, Cafe, TensorFlow, Theano, Matlab
- Knowledge of modern machine learning techniques applicable to perception problems e.g. deep learning/CNNs/RNNs/auto-encoders
- Experience with unsupervised learning techniques or learning in the absence of large labelled data sets
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.