Visualisation and Simulation Engineer for Robotics
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Visualisation and Simulation Engineer to join our ambitious team in Malmesbury.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics reseach programme forward by generating high fidelity, real-time time visual and physical simulation tools and software. You will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of computer graphics and simulation as well as the ability to utilise open source software to quickly build novel tools. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Implement simulation software in C++/Python
- Gather requirements from and implement simulation tools for the Dyson robotics research team.
- Extend and improve open source simulation and visualisation tools that are used within the team.
- Participate in the wider robotics research programme by contributing ideas and working with other engineers to solve problems.
- Good understanding of high fidelity graphics and/or physics simulation software
- Knowledge of open graphics APIs and software: OpenGL, Vulkan, Blender
- Written plug ins for Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, Autodesk or similar
- Experience of physics simulation and software tools and libraries e.g. ROS, Gazebo, Bullet, PhysX, MapleSim
- Working knowledge of physically based rendering techniques
- Strong C++ Software Engineering background
- Self motivated and able to work in inter-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience working on robotics related simulation problems
- Experience of game engine implementation and related algorithms
- Ability to create and manipulate 3D Models and CAD experience
- Procedural modelling algorithms