Senior Robotics Engineer - New Product Development
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
We are looking for an experienced algorithm engineer to join our ambitious and expanding team, to help identify, develop and mature the innovative and transformational technologies required to enable the next generation of Dyson’s market-changing products.
You will collaborate with research engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of algorithmic challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You will have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains, working across the multiple disciplines at Dyson. You will use your knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software and cloud-based components. Working in a supportive team of experts that is constantly striving to improve itself and the world we live in, you will:
- Lead algorithmic investigations
- Research potential algorithmic solutions.
- Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
- Work with the architecture team to identify functional requirements.
- Liaise with functional teams to understand relevant domain strategies related to the investigation
- Provide investigative support for any issues that impact or change the proposed algorithm during implementation.
- Guide and mentor fellow algorithm engineers
- Ability to generate novel and robust algorithms and solutions.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Octave or similar
- PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) in Electronics, Robotics, Computer Science or relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, artificial intelligence or machine learning