Senior Robotics Engineer - New Product Development
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
You will have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains, working across the multiple disciplines at Dyson. You will use your knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software and cloud-based components. You will be working in a supportive team of experts that is constantly striving to improve itself and the world we live in. Day to day, you will:
- Lead algorithmic investigations
- Research potential algorithmic solutions.
- Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
- Work with the architecture team to identify functional requirements.
- Liaise with functional teams to understand relevant domain strategies related to the investigation
- Collaborate with test teams to define testing strategies for new algorithms
- Work with relevant implementation domains early in the development lifecycle to ensure timely and complete knowledge transfer
- Provide documentation that is complete and with sufficient detail to enable implementation of algorithm by functional domain
- Provide investigative support for any issues that impact or change the proposed algorithm during implementation.
- Guide and mentor fellow algorithm engineers
- Ability to generate novel and robust algorithms and solutions.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Octave or similar
- PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) in Electronics, Robotics, Computer Science or relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, artificial intelligence or machine learning
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and technically support development
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to deliver results within agreed timeframes
- Ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Strong C++ (preferably version 11) and Python experience
- Understanding of systems design and integration.
- Experience of a Linux development environment.
- Experience using open-source libraries.