Senior Safety Compliance Technician
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes our products different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson product are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, we play vital role in supporting the growth of Dyson.
- Ensure all the test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards (UL / IEC)
- Involve in maintenance of test lab, test rigs and lab equipment including monitoring and maintaining calibration schedule for all lab equipment.
- Abide with Safety Compliances at all time and Safety issues to be reported to the respective Engineers
- To carry out the schedule waste procedures & shipment process.
- Manage test operators employed in Safety Approvals Lab.
- Possess Diploma in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- more than 3 year(s) of working experience with electrical/electronic background, involving product safety testing
- understand and discuss contents of high volumes of international safety standards.
- plan &organize own tasks and within a team.
- to work independently without supervision.
- acceptable English communication and computer literate
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.