Senior Separation Systems Engineer
- Responsible for separation systems which is one of the key functions for Dyson products.
- Play an active role in product design and development, using strong engineering skills to improve the design to meet or exceed the product specification.
- Support the operation improvement activities such as product cost down, new supplier evaluations and lean activities.
- Liaise with internal and cross team to complete daily deliverables.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each of product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why anyone can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Ensure Dyson product satisfy the target specification & support new concept development in house. Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Support product testing, root cause analysis and provide solution based on scientific approach and tests within the boundaries of a given design or makes design improvement recommendations.
- Drive the design improvements study with a good and dynamic engineering solution for current or future design guidelines.
- Analyse, compile test results and present the report to relevant teams up till Management level.
- Identify potential new research areas that would benefit Separation System or flow analysis to the products which give a benefit to the team.
- Solving day to day engineering problems and communicate solutions to the relevant team.
- Must have excellent technical problem solving skills to resolve complex problems.
- Generate models which serve as guidelines to shorten the product development time for current and future product.
- Support production tester verification and set performance specifications to ensure the quality of the product is controlled well in production.
- Able to lead a small team, guide them as needed and deliver the job as per set target and overcome resource concerns/constraints by getting involved in day to day job directly.
- Understands risks associated with projects, monitors these and suggests mitigation plans
- Advance statistical analysis techniques and able to interpret performance testing data.
- Strong fundamentals of flow induced vibration and acoustic as well as experimentation techniques.
- Strong engineering skills and able to apply theoretical knowledge on the job
- Excellent and confident at communicating will all levels of employees, including senior management.
- Good knowledge in production assembly process, plastic injection moulding, testing.
- Knowledge & understanding of multiple tooling & manufacturing techniques
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant technical disciplines
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value with quality and reliability
- Knowledge in Air/Dust filtration, relevant techniques, and associated materials is a definite advantage
- Moderate to Advance experience with simulation software e.g. ANSYS, Matlab, Solidworks, Solidworks Flow simulation, ANSYS Fluent, CFD, Structural analysis is a definite advantage.
- A Degree/Masters/PhD in Mechanical, Chemical, Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics, Aero Engineering or a technical science subject with min CGPA 3.5 or equivalent.
- Min 6 – 8 years of working experience in mechanical, electro-mechanical, mechatronics, aero engineering or technical science is desirable
- Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt with 3 – 4 years of applying it on the job is an advantage.
- Certified Statistical Engineering Apprentice (Shainin Methods) with 2 – 4 years of applying it on the job is an advantage.
- Min 2 years of hands on experience in 3D CAD and measuring techniques of engineering parameters is desirable
- A basic understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written) and able to communicate with all levels
Required Key Competencies
- Proven ability to coach junior team members and act as a technical role model
- A proactive, self-starter and with a proven ability to deliver high quality engineering project work
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and project handling skills.
- Has an strong aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Intermediate level user of any signal acquisition and analysis hardware and software
- Strong understanding of statistical & quality control techniques
- Good understanding of mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
- Able to think clearly and provide direction in ambiguous situations.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens willing to work at Senai JB
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.