Senior Separation Systems Engineer
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Deliver product focused technologies to the Dyson range plan.
- Attend design reviews with James Dyson, Heads of functions and/or the Executive, as required.
- Liaise with SEA development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Drive continuous improvement across relevant RDD Teams, liaise across disciplines to mitigate system level risks.
- Support the wider business outside of RDD, provide technical advice to Claims, CSI, CST, Commercial and Legal Teams.
- Become an expert in product performance and technology, understand and develop technologies to both internal and internationally recognised test standards.
- Work theoretically and practically, both independently and as part of a team.
- Specify laboratory based investigation and validation test programs to evaluate technologies.
- Conduct detailed theoretical analysis of these technologies (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
- Degree qualified (2:1 or above) or trained and experienced in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of basic physical principles.
- A broad technical ability in mechanical engineering including fluid mechanics and some knowledge of particulate and/or gaseous filtration.
- A solid analytical and problem solving ability, experience of testing in a laboratory based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both technical and non-technical level.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to plan and execute work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- To challenge assumptions and be decisive.
- The ability to plan and react to changes.