Separation Systems Engineer
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source.
For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020..
- Working closely with the Design Manager to support the creation of an exciting vision
- Deliver innovative solutions which demonstrate function, performance and cost, supported by a development plan.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas – host brainstorms, gather research, select and present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Support design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work seamlessly with research teams, external partner and suppliers to utilise the wealth of technical skills in research teams to get best value from Dyson technologies.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design and product performance quality.
- Support Design reviews with James Dyson and/or Executive, as required.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Design Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous relevant experience of Chemical Filtration / air purification and/or separation systems engineering.
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills in particle and gas treatment processes
- Prototype rig building and establishing test methods to analyse design.
- Excellent understanding of particulate and gaseous separation systems principles, understand influence of environmental conditions of separation systems performance.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others
- Self starter - ability to work independently and driven to deliver to challenging schedules.