Senior Simulation Engineer
The Simulation Engineer will model, simulate and validate the key motor and power systems components against a range of usage and operating modes with a view to aid understanding and provide feedback to the design teams. This role requires a good capability and knowledge in simulation and validation tests with a passion and desire to deliver quality, robust and innovative solutions and presenting to the engineering team and senior management to guide development of the product.
- Design motor, battery, charger and inverter component simulations capable of being integrated with simulations from other component and systems teams.
- Validate and update simulations based on test data from component or systems tests.
- Provide model data and analysis to motor and power systems engineering team
- Provide simulations to system engineering or attribute teams
- Ensure simulations are updated for latest operating and drive cycles modes
- Integrate component level simulations to allow system level performance to be evaluated
- For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a solution.
- Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
- Ensure timely development of simulations to support the overall programme timing
- Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Min. 3 years motor, battery, inverter simulation (experience on EV projects preferable).
- Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong team work and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines