Senior Software Engineer – Embedded Media - Audio
£Competitive +27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Drive Audio framework strategy through Electronics and NPI
- Analysis of high level user requirements into efficient audio capability.
- Prototype Audio solutions alongside NPI teams
- Develop or deploy tools to refine/reduce audio interface specification
- Implement Audio interface on consumer products within a real time embedded framework
- Implement voice control systems using both open source and 3rd party SDKs
- Support selection of processor families and associated tool chains.
- Strong background in real time embedded C/C++
- Java / Android experience would be beneficial
- Experience in debugging complex software problems, using both simple and complex investigation techniques, including Design of Experiments.
- Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
- Experience of software testing techniques.
- Experience developing native C++ cross platform libraries
- An evangelist for best practice in design, development, test & Agile development
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You’ll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment