Senior Software Engineer
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our software team, within Dyson’s Research, Design and Development (RDD) department; based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, U.K.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Develop real time embedded software for a range of complex real time electronics systems. ·
- Develop Device Drivers on a range of silicon platforms.
- Analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms.
- Control system design and simulation of control algorithms using high level modelling tools
- Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto an embedded platform in C programming language.
- Experience with auto generated code and its integration (e.g. Mathlab/Simulink/RTW, Dspace, SCADE etc..)
- Develop digital communication interfaces and drivers, for instance Ethernet.
- Debug real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools.
- Integration of software with hardware and mechanics.
- Able to lead a small team of engineers and specialists
- Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
- Ability to take projects from concept to high volume production.
- Ability to work with suppliers.
- Support technical gate reviews
- Experience in bare-metal low level microprocessor software development.
- Strong background in real time embedded C.
- Experience in debugging complex software problems.
- Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
- Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.).
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
- Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
- Demonstrable industrial C/C++ experience.
- At least Degree level qualification.
- 5 -10 (Senior) years’ experience of designing control algorithms and software for embedded real time systems
- Significant experience/appreciation of quality and process assurance.
- A track record of improving process and learning lessons from your experiences.
- Good communication and motivation skills.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.