Software Team Lead - Emerging Technologies
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Build and maintain a highly effective software team
• Liaise with other stakeholders within Dyson to deliver products in line with the connectivity roadmap and strategy
• Hands on within your team to enable them to successfully deliver in line with the agreed roadmap
• Day to day line management of your software team, including coaching, mentoring and training
• Own and drive communications software across Dyson connected products.
• Provide input into the generation of the connectivity roadmap and strategy
• Experience of developing real-time embedded products
• RTOS and embedded OS experience e.g. FreeRTOS, ThreadX, Linux etc.
• Experience in high level programming and scripting languages including: C/C++ and Python
• Experience in one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth V4.x, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT
• Knowledge and use of UML
• Agile (Scrum) experience
• Demonstrable experience in technical leadership in difficult and complex projects
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload (both your own and others).
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with others
• Experience in building high performance teams
• Experience of Atlassian Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash etc.)
• Experience of using Enterprise Architect
• Project management experience
• Certified scrum master