Senior Software Test Engineer
Dyson began twenty three years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Test software products for overall stability and reliability.
- Develop test strategies; create test plans and test cases for regression, functional and performance testing of products.
- Work directly with the software development engineers during the software development process. Apply the principles of the software development life cycle throughout the entire QA.
- Participate in product meetings throughout the development and QA process to help guide the delivery of a quality product.
- Report problems via the defect tracking system. Analyze, research, and track software defects through their resolution. Verify code fixes and sign off on resolutions
- Analyze test results and prepare test summary reports.
- Review and analyze software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance in embedded systems for Linux / RTOS / Firmware
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Software and SQA processes and methodologies in a software development environment.
- Experience with version control systems and automated testing tools.