Senior Supply Chain Executive
Senai, Johor- Malaysia
As Senior Supply Chain Executive you will be responsible for the completion of daily/weekly planning reports, these include conversion of PR to PO, Manufacturing Adherence reports, and root cause analysis of deviation from plan.
Responsible for weekly communication with our sales territories communicating confidently at all levels, you will form liaison between manufacturer and receipt market, monitoring and maintaining inventory levels and capacity management, maintaining the eyes of the customer operating from group level objective view point, working and driving towards group specific supply targets and inventory levels.
Working closely with vendors driving them on a path of continual improvement ensuring that all manufacturing plans are delivered on time in full working with the supply chain manager developing and creating opportunities for success and continuous improvement.
- SAP PR-PO conversion (weekly basis) and release to supplier and markets
- Shipment Adherence reports, OTD report , root cause analysis of deviation from plan (weekly)
- Review monthly sales forecast and demand requirement, confirmation on shipment support to the requirement
- Update supply plan requirements with CM, based on forecast/demand and maintaining service levels and global inventory.
- Receive and report weekly shipment adherence figures , understanding root cause of any variances, ensuring delivery targets are maintained
- Report weekly shipments and supply risks
- Report actual shipment vs. planned ( weekly )
- Weekly video or conference call with markets on supply vs. demand and other topics
- Weekly review with CM on outstanding PO items in detail
- SAP maintenance for new parts – Transportation lane & MAT1 ( Master product information)
- SAP movement ( reschedule on items that unable to meet per required – due to certain acceptable reason )
- Work with internal/external team ( Engineer, procurement , Logistic ) on problem solves
- Review estimated life time part usage/demand when facing MOQ / supplier stop support and etc issues
Key Responsibilities and Tasks (estimate % of time)
- Review monthly sales forecasts and demand requirements, confirm that supply supports latest demand requirements. Providing what if scenario analysis to the supply chain management team for use in Group S&OP Meetings, providing gap analysis and recommendations.
- Update supply plan requirements with manufacturing in line with market requirements, based on forecast/demand and stocking policy agreements, maintaining service levels and global inventory.
- Receive and report weekly plan adherence figures, understanding root cause of any variances, ensuring delivery targets are maintained.
- Review and report capacity constraints for tooling and manufacturing facilities.
- Weekly convert PR to PO in SAP, release to vendors.
- Risk purchase management for long lead time and end of life products.
Reporting & Communicating (30%)
- Report weekly stock levels and manufacturing supply plan requirements from SAP.
- Report Risk Purchase agreements that are in place.
- Report actual output vs. planned on a weekly basis.
- Weekly conference calls, with territories on supply vs. demand
- Capacity constraints and ‘What if scenarios’
- Confirming goods in transit ties back to actual shipments dispatched.
- Verification weekly SAP updates have happened on time prior to running of weekly reports.
- Supply plans deliver all market requirements, on time in full, without exceeding stocking policies and without exceeding maximum weekly capacities
- Check manufacturing plans are balanced with vendors on weekly basis
Key Skills / Experience
- Candidate must possess at degree Level or higher
- At least 6 year(s) of working experience in the related field (supply planning/purchasing/inventory management) is required for this position
- Excellent verbal and written English. Good numerical skills
- PC literate (MS Words, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and etc)
- Highly motivated team player, mature and able to work independently
- Self motivated, accurate and highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson, be tough yet be fair with our supplier network.
- Able to work under a fast-paced environment and with tight schedules and strict guidelines
- Able to start work at a short notice an advantage
- SAP knowledge and some engineering background will be advantageous
- Flexible to work scope, as focus and/ or accountabilities may change
- Continuous Improvement: pre-empt problems and make things better before being asked,
- Teamwork: collaboration, knowledge sharing, team work & perpetual learning
- Communications: clearly communicate, tailor communication style & content to different audiences, and listening to others
- Ownership: decision-making, entrepreneurial & business aware, risk taking, lateral thinking & perseverance
- Integrity: apply highest ethical standards to others and self, and be fair and compliant in dealing with the supplier network