Senior Supply Chain Executive
Calamba, Laguna Philippines
Dyson began twenty four years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
As Senior Supply Chain Executive you will be responsible for the completion of daily/weekly planning reports in support of the allocation and management of DDM supply to our contract manufacturers
Responsible for weekly communication with our motor manufacturing plants, contract manufacturers and group planning team communicating confidently at all levels, operating from group level objective view point, working and driving towards group specific supply targets and inventory levels.
Working closely with the manufacturing plants driving them on a path of continual improvement ensuring that all manufacturing plans are maintained and aligned with allocated supply commitments.
- Shipment Adherence reports, OTD report , root cause analysis of deviation from plan (weekly)
- Review monthly sales forecast and demand requirement, confirmation on shipment support to the requirement
- Update supply plan requirements with CM, based on forecast/demand and maintaining service levels and global inventory.
- Receive and report weekly shipment adherence figures , understanding root cause of any variances, ensuring delivery targets are maintained
- Report weekly shipments and forward allocation requirements
- Report actual shipment vs. planned ( weekly )
- Weekly video or conference calls on supply vs. demand and other topics
- Weekly review with CM/manufacturing facilities on supply performance and delivery status
- Work with internal/external team ( Engineer, procurement , Logistic ) on problem solves
- Review estimated life time part usage/demand when facing MOQ / supplier stop support and etc issues
Key Responsibilities and Tasks (estimate % of time)
- Review monthly sales forecasts and demand requirements, confirm that supply supports latest demand requirements. Providing what if scenario analysis to the supply chain management team for use in Group S&OP Meetings, providing gap analysis and recommendations.
- Update supply plan requirements with manufacturing in line with market requirements, based on forecast/demand and stocking policy agreements, maintaining service levels and global inventory.
- Receive and report weekly plan adherence figures, understanding root cause of any variances, ensuring delivery targets are maintained.
- Review and report capacity constraints for tooling and manufacturing facilities.
- Risk purchase management for long lead time and end of life products.
Reporting & Communicating (30%)
- Report weekly stock levels and manufacturing supply plan requirements.
- Report actual output vs. planned on a weekly basis.
- Weekly conference calls, with CM/manufacturing plants and Group Planning Team
- Capacity constraints and ‘What if scenarios’
- Confirming allocation plans meet supply commitments and group allocation.
- Check manufacturing plans are balanced with vendors on weekly basis
Key Skills / Experience
- Candidate must possess at degree Level or higher
- At least 6 year(s) of working experience in the related field (supply planning/purchasing/inventory management) is required for this position
- Excellent verbal and written English. Good numerical skills
- PC literate (MS Words, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and etc)
- Highly motivated team player, mature and able to work independently
- Self motivated, accurate and highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson, be tough yet be fair with our supplier network.
- Able to work under a fast-paced environment and with tight schedules and strict guidelines
- Able to start work at a short notice an advantage
- SAP knowledge and some engineering background will be advantageous
- Flexible to work scope, as focus and/ or accountabilities may change
- Continuous Improvement: pre-empt problems and make things better before being asked,
- Teamwork: collaboration, knowledge sharing, team work & perpetual learning
- Communications: clearly communicate, tailor communication style & content to different audiences, and listening to others
- Ownership: decision-making, entrepreneurial & business aware, risk taking, lateral thinking & perseverance
- Integrity: apply highest ethical standards to others and self, and be fair and compliant in dealing with the supplier network
- Credibility: position yourself and team by adding-value