Senior Systems Engineer
Competitive remuneration package
The systems engineering team in Dyson RDD are responsible for ensuring that all technologies are properly understood and thoroughly integrated into every new product we develop. They do this by working with the individual engineering functions and the product design manager to reduce and remove engineering risk resulting from interactions between engineering disciplines. Systems engineers bring a broad based engineering skillset making them capable of understanding the requirements, design solutions and verification of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic assemblies.
• Create a thorough diagrammatic model of a given product, describing its requirements, functions, systems and sub-systems.
• Work with the relevant technical experts to ensure that every system and subsystem is properly understood, backed up with calculation and simulation wherever possible.
• Support the software engineers to ensure that all systems and subsystems are properly controlled by the product software and that the complete system behaves as it should.
• Work with the mechanical and electronics engineering teams to deliver assemblies that allow the product to meet its requirements.
• Assist with technical problem solving, particularly of problems straddling mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Identify and implement design tools and methods to support continuous improvement of our systems engineering team.
• Work with our UK counterparts to build and understand the technology roadmap underpinning our future product development.
• Technically assess the readiness of our projects before passing through development milestones.
• A good bachelors or masters degree in either mechanical or electronics disciplines.
• Extensive experience in a product development environment, contributing to the delivery of mechanical and electronic assemblies.
• An interest in all aspects of engineering and a desire to broaden your skillset.
• A track record of analytical problem solving.
• Familiarity with simulation tools such as Matlab and Labview.
• A hands on problem solving attitude
• Excellent technical communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Ability to present technical solutions to senior management