Senior Test Engineer Connectivity
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Understand connectivity metrics and how to verify them.
Understand how each link in the chain impacts the overall system performance
Work with project teams to capture test requirements. Be ambitious at creating test solutions.
Take ownership of connected system testing across a number of different product categories
Specify and use industry standard connectivity test equipment
Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice in this area.
Contribute to the definition and refinement of systems engineering processes.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Electronics, Software or Communications Engineering.
- Experience testing Wifi, Bluetooth or similar wireless systems
- Experience with test automation, ideally using Labview
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Proven, structured approach to engineering verification and validation procedures and equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An appreciation of RF theory and design constraints
- Experience planning and managing test campaigns over multiple complex projects
- Labview Certification
- Knowledge of technical management / leadership within an electronics development environment
- Experience of Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others