Senior Battery Test Engineer
Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
Dyson has an opportunity for a Senior Battery Test Engineer to join our Power Systems group.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
The Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson energy storage and power management systems. We are looking to expand our batteries test capability and are seeking an individual to help lead and grow our existing team in this discipline.
- Cell and pack evaluation to include lifecycle testing, performance characterisation and abusive testing
- Test setup and validation (hardware & software)
- Liaising with product development teams to select appropriate cells and pack configurations to meet requirements
- Commissioning and maintaining test equipment
- Develop and implement test methods in line with project requirements
- Preparing written plans, detailed work instructions and standard test methods
- Analysis of test results using Microsoft Excel
- Review of data and presentation preliminary analyses Trouble-shooting and problem solving through standard electrical diagnostic test techniques
- Provide technical support and specialist knowledge to projects
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced programming skills and experience with industry standard battery test systems e.g. Maccor, Arbin, Bitrode, Solartron, Biologic
- Electrochemical engineering knowledge and understanding of battery technologies
- Design, implementation and delivery of test plans`
- Strong IT skills, particularly for data analysis
- Methodical approach to testing to maintain traceability
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills exemplified by the ability to diagnose and rectify problem
- Good written and verbal communication BSc/MSc in Applied Engineering or Science discipline (Physics; Electrical Engineering; Physical Chemistry etc.)
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.