Senior Test Technician - Chemistry Labs
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
The successful candidate will enable the delivery of research projects within a dedicated gas analysis lab. The role will require working within a cross functional team of scientists, technicians and engineers. The ability to perform experiments and write clear and concise technical reports will be essential to making the position a success. The successful applicant must be able to work logically and accurately in a fast paced environment.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson, with over 2,500 people, including James himself, spending their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2017, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, they lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why any one of them can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Set up and perform chemistry experiments using compressed gasses
- Record data accurately and communicate it clearly
- Train engineers and scientists to use equipment correctly
- Work with engineers and scientists to design and build new test rigs
- Carry out maintenance to the facilities and equipment including regular calibration and auditing
- Manage Inventory
- Work safely within a chemistry lab and maintain COSHH documentation
- Run continuous improvement in the laboratory
- Commission new equipment
- Work with engineers and scientists to develop new test methods.
- Proven experience of working with compressed gasses
- Proven experience running experiments within a chemistry lab
- Good practical skills with experience of setting up engineering or scientific equipment
- Clear logical thought process and a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proven teamworking ability to deliver shared goals
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Lab organisation to 5S standard
- Analytic techniques including GCMS
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.