Senior Test Technician - Validation
Conduct test lab facilities maintenance; this is including test platforms, test rigs, air-conditioning, and electrical maintenance and work closely with Facility Team to properly maintain all Dyson’s facilities
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- To ensure all relevant documents / checklist related to the maintenance are updated timely
- To perform preventive maintenance to all test rigs
- To perform calibration on lab equipment.
- To liaise with vendors to purchase maintenance equipment, tools, spare parts etc.
- To design and fabricate simple test rigs or jigs to facilitate testing.
- To provide training for maintenance operators to conduct routine maintenance and repair work in the lab.
- To trouble-shoot faulty test rigs to ensure smooth test operation.
- To assist test lab improvement activities related to test rig upgrade and modifications.
- To ensure safety compliance at all time; and any safety issues shall reported to the Test Engineers for next course of actions
- To conduct periodical audit on the test rigs and platform to ensure they are safe to use.
- To continuously review the current test rigs to ensure they are robust and representative.
- To maintain good housekeeping of work area at all time.
- To carry out other related tasks; which may be given in addition to the above main tasks.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Workplace Safety and Health.
- At least 3 years related working experience with min1year leading a small team (min 2 person)
- Must be able to work long hours during critical period to ensure tests are completed on time.
- Considerable strength in English writing and reading.
- Fresh Graduates with CGPA 2.6 and above are encouraged to apply (for Technician role)
- Must be sensitive towards test variations
- Must have good ability to read and understand the test methods and standards.
- Possess a Chargeman certificate.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD or any equivalent design tool.
Capable of operating CNC milling machine.