Senior Tooling Program Engineer
Senai, Johor- Malaysia
Provide tooling support to Dyson RDD team at DMSB & STC to ensure capability of product designs.
Support Program manager in project budget, new product development and process development including injection process, mold design and jig fabrications.
Work closely with DE, tool makers, CMs, administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
Manage project budget and meets capacity requirement timely.
Co-ordinate with our tool vendors in terms of timely delivery as well as quality of work.
Review new tooling recommendations, DFMs to ensure vendor has the capacity and capability to meet design requirements
Sign off and approve new tool General Assembly drawings (smallest machine size, cooling, injection, ejection, robust steel conditions, mechanical functions etc)
Review tool designer’s recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
Advise recommend action on tool repair request made by Prime Contractors
Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs
Ensure Dyson tooling asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
Support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools
Make sure Dyson has the copy of tool drawings on disc for record and reference.
Witness mould trial and perform mould qualification process with suppliers
Key Skills / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and project handling skills
- Proactive and self-starter
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Understand plastic injection processes and mold making techniques
- Experience on medical industries and clean room manufacturing environment
- ISO13485 quality system (GMP)
- At least 8 years working experience in medical related injection molding / mold making field
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Experience in IQ, OQ, PQ process and clean room environment.
- Experience in Decouple molding process.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels
- Minimum certificate Mechanical Engineering