Senior UI Designer (UI) - Mobile Apps
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free Gym +27 days holiday
Reporting to the Creative Head - Connected, you will be responsible for creating utterly innovative, engaging and intuitive connected experiences which seamlessly balance User experience with Commercial requirements.
You will be responsible for conceptual design of never-seen-before App interfaces, across multiple platforms and devices. You will be confident in solving complex visual problems. Working collaboratively with the UX, Feature & Motion Designers will be second nature to you, as will liaising with Developers across multiple time zones ensuring your vision is brought to life.
You will be responsible for creating beautiful interfaces and ensure a consistent design language is applied across all our app products. You will have extensive knowledge of creating working UI prototypes, through to final dev-ready files. You will have in-depth production knowledge an understanding of the complexities of design production, as you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of all production ready UI files.
You will also be responsible for creating compelling interaction design and possibly even UI motion graphics if your skill set is broad enough. You will have experience in leading designers and working within a wider creative team environment to ensure the timely delivery of you and your teams workload.
It’s not for the faint-hearted, but it is for talented designers that thrive on problem solving, teamwork and the need to keep challenging themselves and others. Passion for your industry is requisite.
The UI Connected team sits within the RDD department and is responsible for digital innovation within our connected machines program. The team comprises of four different areas (UX/UI, Technology, Connected Features and Commercial), which work collaboratively together to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil consumer understanding of and confidence in the machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately brand loyalty.
- UI concepts and design for all Dyson connected machine projects
- Close collaboration with Creative Head and Category heads to ensure app solutions are answering to all requirements
- Creation of beautiful UI for future and existing apps, providing a consistent and organically growing user experience as the feature set increases over time
- Develop and present concepts and creative direction to Creative Head – Connected, the Global Creative Director and other team heads
- Develop compelling interaction models and have an understanding of motion animation
- Ensure all projects are appropriately scoped, produced and delivered to the highest creative and graphical standards
You are currently an experienced Senior Designer or higher working for a recognized agency or brand. You have extensive experience of designing beautifully crafted UI’s for mobile-based apps and mobile devices for a multitude of different brands and applications. You will be passionate about the world of IoT and Connected products that link the physical and digital worlds. Above all, you will be a creative visionary who relishes the idea of working with next-generation technologies.
Whatever you are, you will be looking for a step-change in your career and be excited by the prospect of bringing groundbreaking technology, and brand-new services to the world.
• Proven track record of extensive professional UI experience designing industry-leading mobile and app based solutions within a creative in-house or respected agency environment
• In-depth understanding of designing complex interfaces for multiple mobile platforms and operating systems
• Motion Graphics skills advantageous but not essential
• Up-to-date working knowledge of the latest digital app trends across mobile/digital/connected devices
• Advanced knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop and all other digital graphics and prototyping software - After Effects (& Lottie) skills advantageous
• Minimum 6+ years’ experience within the digital design or mobile apps industry