Senior UX Designer (6 to 12 month FTC)
The ‘Digital Leap’ project is a ground up re-design of the Global Dyson website. We have a unique opportunity to extend the capabilities of the current brand site through a fully responsive and robust solution. It is the single biggest digital project in Dyson’s history and marks a huge shift in the company’s direction and ambition. In order to focus on this project, we are adding additional roles to our existing creative team who will be dedicated to the Digital Leap project.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
The Direct/Digital/Connected/Owner experience team work directly on Dyson’s main digital channels. The team work collaboratively together with our development teams to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil consumer understanding of and confidence in our machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately enhance Dyson’s reputation as a leading technology company.
- IA, flows, interaction design for all Dyson connected machine projects
- Close collaboration with Head of UX and other Category leads to deliver consistent, relevant experiences
- Mentoring and supporting more junior members of the team
- Clearly communicate design intent,
- Advocacy for and contribution to Agile software design practice
- Collaborating with other designers to provide a scalable user experience
- Accurately scoping and delivering designs to an exceptional standard, with military precision.
- Collation of research and insight and production of associated artefacts
- Scoping of usability trials and related research activity, including discussion plans, observation and reports
- Presentations to major stakeholders and ownership of core journeys per project
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team
- Usability testing
- Journey mapping, wire flows, prototyping
- Surveys and analysis
- Creation of Personas and other design tools
- Accurate estimation of time and budgets
- Acted as project lead for the design of a digital product
- Requirements gathering through facilitation of workshops and interviews
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience within the digital design or mobile apps industry
- Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)
- Adobe Indesign, Photoshop
- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
- International research
- Understanding of native app development and other digital technologies
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines