Senior UX/UI Screen Designer - Product User Interface (NPI)
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
The Senior UX/UI Screen designer will be responsible for the product screen user experience and creating the interface spec documentation, as well as managing all key stakeholders of this document.
Design the Product User Experience & Interface
They will plan/define/design the experience, behaviours, control and feedback mechanisms for screens on product with a user centred and ‘best in class’ approach for the medium. They will generate ideas that are both product enhancing and innovative. No gimmicks.
Prototyping and Demonstration
You will be able to bring your ideas and designs to life and identify the most appropriate method for through storyboarding, sketching, illustration, interactive demo’s and physical prototype rigs. (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flinto for Mac, Axure). You will work with electronics/software engineers to create more complex or integrated prototypes and rigs.
User Trials and Insights
You will be able to plan and conduct user trials of your work when needed to make a decision or to help validate a design. You will also need to manage/work with those responsible for insights, user trials and competitor analysis to achieve this.
You will work closely with your connectivity counterpart to create a seamless experience of the product, as well as NPI/NPD category teams, electronics, insights, commercial, mechanistics and South East Asia.
A key part of this role is to clearly communicate complex information in many different formats. These include graphical, verbal/presentation, interactive prototypes and behaviour rigs etc. Must be calm and clear under pressure.
This role will require leadership and management of those in other departments and within the team, ensuring we are operating at the highest level and that each individual team are operating in the most effective way.
- A degree in a relevant design, engineering or science discipline or equivalent.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Excellent Design Skills – experience in product, graphics, user experience planning, system logic, screen based interface design, motion and interaction, sketching, storyboarding
- Software Tools (preferable, not essential) – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects/Premiere/Core animator, Axure, Flinto for Mac, Origami Studio, Crank.
- A working knowledge of behavioural science for user experience based applications.
- Be resourceful and able to find alternative and appropriate solutions under pressure.
- Ability to analyse the behaviours of product interfaces from the user’s perspective.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing