Software Engineer - cloud developer
The cloud developer will be working on our most advanced and connected product yet. You will be responsible for developing software that is used to work on the cloud/connected side of this product. It will be real-time and safety critical.
Dyson products are innovative, work well and are valued by customers. Dyson electronics and software engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. This role is working on a key new safety critical real time product for Dyson. It will feature our most advanced connectivity IoT yet sharing data on-board and off board with the cloud and external infrastructure. Starting from an early stage of the programme, your challenge is to design, develop and maintain the cloud systems which are key supporting foundations for the overall product proposition.
- Develop cloud based solutions which support our most complex connected product yet.
- Work through the complete Software Development Lifecycle; from design and prototyping, through development, then on to deployment and post-launch support.
- Rapid prototype building to demonstrate connected platform features to programme stakeholders.
- Work with the User Experience team to define connected features and then design the supporting cloud platform to support these features.
- Implement and champion best practices for Software Engineering. The successful candidate will also be expected to take ownership of selected software development tools and processes.
- Work alongside the Connectivity and Electronics teams, as well as other programme stakeholders, to understand requirements and then build a cloud system which interfaces seamlessly with other parts of the Dyson connected product ecosystem.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in cloud based systems and software engineering, communicating on key emerging trends to the team.
- Experience using cloud based platforms to develop systems for IOT or connected products. The ideal candidate will have experience across multiple industry-leading cloud platforms (AWS, Bluemix, Azure, etc) understanding their relative pros and cons with sufficient broad development experience to specialise in one of these areas quickly.
- A proven ability to design cloud solutions with multiple components, preferably with some experience doing this for connected product or IOT systems.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear focus on best practices for high quality software development; clear design principles, good quality code and documentation, a focus on test, measuring quality using metrics and KPIs, etc. As this is a relatively new development programme, some experience rolling out and championing best practices will be essential.
- Some insight into Infrastructure as Code and other DevOps methodologies would be an advantage.