£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
These roles sit within the Vehicle Integration Team of our automotive function.
- Support definition of service strategy for the vehicle and supporting service requirements.
- Ensure clear communication of service requirements across the business.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure service requirements are effectively delivered by the product design.
- Support planning and delivery of serviceability DPA checks for each virtual series gateway. This may require co-ordination of both in-house and external resources.
- Define the process for the Serviceability DPA check process and identify appropriate resources, facilities, hardware and software tools to deliver.
- Drive cross functional issue resolution of Service issues identified through DPA checks through regular reviews.
- Interface with Package chunk teams for solution of macro-compatibility service issues.
- Lead virtual and physical serviceability assessments.
- Develop service literature – potentially with the support of an external service provider.
- Develop appropriate metrics to track and report serviceability status.
- Provide regular reporting of issue status at all levels.
- A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferable (Note: Good relevant experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications);
Experience working in a Service role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered e.g. aerospace, rail.
Experience of the Virtual Series and Serviceability DPA process in automotive industry preferred.
Experience carrying out both physical and virtual serviceability assessments essential.
Experience developing service literature preferred, either first hand or with an external service provider.
Experience using Siemens Teamcenter v10 preferable
Experience using CAD visualisation tools preferable (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup)
A good working knowledge of MS Office
Confident leading cross functional meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
Ability to present in front of large audiences and communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information to project members from multiple disciplines;
Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of engineering teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment;
Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently;
Work flexibly with the ability to apply themselves to a task outside of their normal job description, if required;
Excellent team-working skills with an ability to interact with all of the engineering teams in a positive and constructive manner.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.