Service Workshop Operative + 27 days annual leave + benefits
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic inventions that work. Our refurbished products pioneered our Ebay business, delivering considerable growth GB market in 2017. Technicians will continue to revolutionise Dyson. With this pace of growth and these ambitious plans, Technicians need to have the matching ambitions to learn new products and work flexibly across different service areas.
Our purpose designed service workshop, 5 miles from Dyson HQ, is the hub of activity for repair and refurbishment of our existing technology. And it doesn’t stand still. With new challenges and an ever growing product portfolio, our Technicians deliver the highest standard of repair, putting the Dyson owner at the heart of what we do.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. By 2020, we'll be hitting £4 billion in revenue. We'll have grown to 12,000 more people and even more Dyson owners.
The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Our quality standards are market leading. Accountability and attention to detail are critical and it’s this way of working that drives quality standards. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
- Be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the workshop are followed
- Provide a high level of professional customer service
- Deliver high quality service to all Dyson customers and support to other team member activities
- Well organized and focused Be able to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Prepares work to be completed by gathering parts, tools and materials to complete their task
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and rules
- Complete all documentation associated within the role accurately and timely manner
- Perform any other related duties as directed
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping of all operational areas and the stock held within these areas
- Experience of working in a busy workshop and warehouse environment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Self motivated and ambitious
- Experience in the use of hand/power tools
- Computer literate i.e. Word/Excel Relevant experience i.e. stock control/movements/troubleshooting
- Duties that will include lifting/office work
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Use of SAP is an advantage
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.