Shopper Marketing Manager
$Competitive base + super + bonus
We're growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
As part of that growth, we have an excellent opportunity for two Shopper Marketing Managers to join our Marketing team. Reporting into the Senior Shopper Marketing Manager, you will partner with Dyson’s external retail partners to develop, design and deliver retail marketing strategies that best support both the retailers and Dyson’s channel strategy. Your focus will be on the shopper journey and facilitating sell-out of product to market across Consumer ANZ.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new innovative products over the next 3 years.
We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas (from in-store to online activation).
Do you share our entrepreneurial spirit and feel excited about the opportunity to grow our business? This might be the opportunity for you.
The Marketing team consists of Brand, Shopper Marketing and Digital Marketing, Public Relations and Graphics.
- Retailer Engagement Act as a daily contact with external retailers partnering with them to establish the twelve month activity calendar covering promotions, new product launches, catalogue plans, merchandising roll out and tailored activities that will drive retailer business
- Channel Strategy Collaborate with the Sales Team to build a channel strategy based on shopper insights and behaviour both from Dyson consumers and retailer partners to determine best in-store activation activity. You will also manage ROI and post-evaluation analysis to measure effectiveness.
- Execution of in-store fixtures and secondary displays Work with Group retail team to develop approved concepts and project manage the development and implementation of new in-store fixtures and secondary displays for the local market.
- Shopper Journey Collaborate with Sales team to develop and implement account specific promotions, activate all non-digital touchpoints (ATL, POS, Fixtures) and manage ROI and post evaluation analysis to measure effectiveness.
- Creative Development Lead and deliver creative assets for all retail activations ensuring communications are in line with shopper journey, as outlined by the category teams. Act as a conduit between sales and marketing to ensure teams are aware and aligned on all shopper activities and strategies.
This role will require you to travel locally and interstate from time to time.
You are a shopper marketing professional with 5+ years of experience in a Shopper Marketing, Retail Marketing, Trade Marketing or equivalent role. You are a creative thinker with the ability to develop projects from brief to completion and are adept at managing multiple, complex projects. You have exceptional influencing and networking skills and are able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve mutual outcomes.
You will also require:
- Financial acumen to ensure projects meet budgets and contribute to the month end reconciliation of the P&L
- Good understanding of the retail landscape, retailers and commercial context
- Experience in FMCG, Consumer Electronics or Technology industries desirable
- Effective presentation skills across various leadership levels including C level
- Excellent at working under pressure and finding routes around challenges
- Demonstrated project delivery record
- A collaborative, team player
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- Access to a global network of Sales & Marketing professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- Opportunity for International travel
- We value worklife balance and that's why we offer summer hours all year long
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
- Plenty of local day-cares in close vicinity, free on-site parking and reimbursed car-parking expenses if on-site parking is not available
- A wide variety of gyms, health & fitness centres all close by