CAE Engineer - NVH
The CAE Engineer (NVH & Durability) will manage the creation full vehicle and component NVH and durability models.
- Create CAE models for full vehicle NVH simulation from concept to detail stage
- Deliver engineering solutions to meet NVH requirements and support gateway status reporting.
- Ensure consistent use of state of the art methods and continuously develop efficient practices.
- Support the definition and monitoring of component, system and vehicle level testing.
- Help develop body and vehicle engineering standards.
- Collaborate closely with the vehicle NVH team to help develop integrated solutions.
- Integrate NVH performance with other major attributes, such as crashworthiness and durability, within CAE, Body Engineering and Vehicle Engineering groups.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- CAE NVH simulation experience.
- Experience with structural dynamic analysis software: Nastran, Optistruct, Abaqus.
- Working knowledge of body and vehicle engineering for NVH performance, including modal alignment, vibration and noise transfer functions.
- Sound knowledge of materials, manufacturing requirements and mechanical properties.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude.
Excellent team-working skills.
- Experience with vehicle level NVH modelling (using tools such as NVH director)
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Body Structures development and new vehicle platform development.
- Familiarity with vehicle crashworthiness and pedestrian protection.
- Experience with optimisation methods and tools, within NVH and/or other applications