Singapore Advanced Manufacturing – Site HR Business Partner
This role is a great opportunity for a dynamic HR professional who is keen to develop their business partnering skills within a world class manufacturing organization. Reporting to the site HR Business Partner who partners with the General Manager, the individual will provide generalist HR support across the business at the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Center, a headcount of over 600 people. The HR partnering team is provided with administrative HR support from a small HR Operations team.
The role will require the individual to have strong analytical and effective organization skills to be able to support and manage projects. The individual will have to be resilient and able to work with ambiguity, facilitating line managers to identify key people issues and solve problems.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The role will work closely with the site HR Business Partner, managers and employees across a range of HR activities which are fully aligned with the business strategy.
- Demonstrate strong professional credibility and build relationship as a trusted advisor with managers and leaders in the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Center.
- Identify and develop HR priorities within the business – to ensure plans are in place to tackle key people risks and challenges over the short and longer term.
- Support the site HRBP in designing and implementing a strong employee engagement plan for the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Center, working closely with the employees, managing staff forums and understanding what is needed to make the site a great place to work.
- Collaboratively work with the managers in the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Center to drive core people processes along with coaching and support.
- Work closely with the managers to identify capability gaps within functions and individuals and look for channels to address those needs.
- Participate and support in the delivery of key projects such as embedding new behaviours, HR systems, people surveys or development programmes.
- To have a clear understanding of the recruitment needs for the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Center. Working closely with the business, recruitment teams and hiring managers to hire the appropriate talent efficiently.
- Has worked within a matrix environment and structure within a global organization
- Experience of working in a technology organization – Manufacturing/ Operations would be desirable
- Experience of working within an entrepreneurial organisation would be desirable
- Degree or equivalent - Recognized accredited HR related qualification.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in MS excel
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Passion for developing people
- Strong starter who drives things to logical conclusion
- Comfortable challenging status quo
- Results driven
- Able to generate innovative HR solutions
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Strong team player
- Ability to think on their feet
- Open, practical and pragmatic