Grounds Maintenance Engineer
£15,500 - £19,500 per annum + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
We have 2 new positions for Grounds Maintenance Operatives to join our Facilities team to provide support to the expansion of the existing Campus at Malmesbury and the future development of a larger one at Hullavington require the services of a team to maintain both the hard and soft landscaped areas at both locations.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson’s facilities team looks after the nuts and bolts of Dyson – our places, spaces, inside and out. They’re a practical and a creative bunch, responsible for making sure that everyone works in a comfortable, creative, safe and productive environment. With 6,000 people (and counting) that’s a challenging task. They are also our guardians of security, turning our buildings into fortresses that keep our secrets secret. Our daily environment can make all the difference, that’s why the facilities team works closely with every department, and everyone from Directors to graduates, to make Dyson a great place to work. And there are plenty of exciting projects planned in that department.
Reporting to an experienced Grounds Maintenance Team Leader the small but agile team will initially support and work in conjunction with a third party contractor to ensure all external areas are maintained to a high standard and meets our environmental aspirations. The applicant must have enthusiasm and drive, enjoy challenges and change and bring a flexible approach to the role.
- Carry out building adaptations and improvements as required; ensuring compliance with CDM legislation and other Health and Safety Legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring health & safety and environmental legislation is complied with, in the process of carrying out of maintenance, refurbishment and adaptation works.
- Regular safety inspections of all tools, plant and safety equipment, maintaining records and where required, replacing defective items.
- Carry out as delegated the maintenance and repair of specialist estate infrastructure, buildings, and car parking barriers, road gully cleaning etc
- Involved in the servicing, maintenance and upkeep of Dyson Facilities maintenance vehicles, including all documentation.
- Carry out any grounds keeping and maintenance tasks as and when required
- To be available for Emergency Call-Out at any time, including emergency work outside normal working hours in connection with any part of the Dyson estate.
- Previous experience gained within a similar maintenance/site role
- A technical qualification in building maintenance related topics is desirable
- Up to date knowledge of basic building health and safety requirements.
- Experience in the use of garden/grounds machinery desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise work load in a fast changing environment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft packages)
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to support other colleagues.
- Full UK Driving licence