Software Engineer - Graphics Specialist
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
We have a vacancy for a graphics developer to work on challenging projects in consumer products. We work in a supportive environment, in a team which is constantly aiming to improve itself. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to create high-quality, graphical user interfaces using both custom off the shelf libraries as well as developing bespoke templates, on a range of hardware platforms. You must be fluent in C/C++ programming languages and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of graphics application code. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Implement graphical user interface on consumer products within a real time embedded framework.
- Develop or deploy tools to refine/reduce user interface specification, to implementation, cycle time.
- Successfully implement the graphics solution by working with existing real time embedded software teams.
- Develop graphics applications using open source libraries e.g. OpenGL, on SoC technology with GPU/GPGPU capability.
- Develop bespoke graphics libraries or templates on SoC technology without GPU/GPGPU capability.
- Support selection of processor families and associated tool chains.
- Analysis of high level user requirements into efficient graphics functions.
- Proven background in developing graphical solutions using open source libraries e.g. OpenGL, uGFX, uGUI, TouchGFX
- Experience in developing in-house, or bespoke graphics libraries.
- Strong background in real time embedded C/C++.
- Experience in debugging complex software problems, using both simple and complex investigation techniques, including Design of Experiments.
- Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
- Experience of software testing techniques.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.