Software Engineer (Linux)
- Participate in the software design, code implementation and validation of embedded software for the work products.
- Produce deliverables including software requirement specification, design documents, product source codes, unit test codes, embedded software test specification, FMEA document, technical review document etc.
- Work closely with other team like system engineer, hardware engineer, design manager to optimize product performance.
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification, product validation test and production testing.
- Involve in software development process improvement activities.
- Interact with Linux kernel, MPU framework, and integrate new device drivers.
- Improve and maintain existing software components.
- Perform test unit, verification and validation of the product developed.
- Participate in the editing of the user’s guide.
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
In the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Linux
- Translate design into high quality codes
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Familiar with embedded Linux programming
- Familiar with C programming with RTOS
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device driver
- Knowledge of u-boot
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry.
- Good knowledge of embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, testing), data structures, algorithms is required.
- Knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Proficiency in Assembly and C language programming skills.
- Practical experience with UML.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.