Software Engineer – R&D Prototyping
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Dyson's Research Engineer will rapidly develop prototypes as part of the Connectivity Research Team. You will work in an innovative and fast paced environment, analysing technology trends.
You will be researching and prototyping relevant cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with experts from different areas of RDD (Research, Design & Development) to demonstrate the technologies and consider whether they can be woven deeply into our future products. You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Rapid development of proof of concept prototypes
- Experiment with new technologies to evaluate their performance and effectiveness
- Build prototypes that connect to and integrate with Dyson products
- Research, understand and explain underlying connectivity technologies
- Develop against cloud APIs and 3rd party libraries
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Adaptable engineer able to pick up new technologies and software languages quickly
- Self-motivated with a knowledge of and passion for technology trends and emerging technologies
- Capable of rapidly developing research prototypes
- Preferably with experience developing for either iOS or Android
- Experience working with connectivity technologies beneficial – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience working with sensors and sensor data beneficial