Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Design and implement the machine learning application for Dyson’s products and ecosystem
- Design and implement the APIs and algorithm for machine learning applications
- Work closely with other software engineers to optimize product performance
- Keep up-to-date with new technology that may be able to support the machine learning application
- Work with other Architects coming up with new ideas for machine learning
- Understand necessary data and AI requirements to implement machine learning application
- Able to prototype machine learning application quickly
- Strong quantitative background; a Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field; a PhD is preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in a technology company or a PhD with 2+ year industry experience
- Good coding skills, able to write high performance product quality codes with Python / C++ / R / Java
- Strong proficiency in numerical libraries such as SciKit-Learn, NumPy and SciPy
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning, Probability, and Statistics fundamentals
- Industry experience building innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems has a plus
- Experience with AWS, SQL, REST APIs has a plus
- Able to communicate complex Machine Learning concept to other team members
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English