Production Software Engineer
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
In the future, how technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, will cement Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology company.
- Excited to join in a growing team of ambitious engineers and help to sort out and troubleshooting the production issue which is software related.
- Working closely with Project Team, Test Development Team, Hardware team and production line to ensure the smooth operation of engineering build with the delivered/released software from Software development team.
- Able to review and understand the product design, software design, hardware schematic, production line test setup, ETS (Electronics Test Specification) for FCT and EoL.
- Involving in technical troubleshooting and analysis on production line build failure, machine calibration failure, software maintenance and Scripting.
- Providing the ad-hoc training and guidance to manufacturing side on the test procedure and debugging system.
- Able to do the issue tracking and debug on the complex production issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 1-3 year of experience in production line assembly process, FCT and EOL, Calibration mechanism and software support in building machine.
- Familiar with programming and scripting in C/C++/Linux/Python.
- Use of Linux command line environment.
- Use of lab equipment such as multimeter, soldering irons and oscilloscopes for debugging and resolving issues.
- Good understanding of basic hardware and its interfacing to software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skill in both Hardware and Software.
- Agile software development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.