SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Participate in the software design, code implementation and validation of embedded software for connected products
- Generate software requirement specification, design documents and test specification
- Work closely with other teams to optimize product performance
- Maintain current and well informed on embedded software engineering methodologies and technologies
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification, product validation test and production testing
- Involve in
software development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of software experience in software design and development of embedded system
- Familiar with C / C++
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry
- Good knowledge of embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, testing), data structures, algorithms is required
- Knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, 3GPP) an advantage
- Practical experience with UML
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills
- Independent, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English