Embedded Software Engineer - Connected Products
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Development and delivery of embedded software and communication protocols for consumer products, using agile practices
• Development of tools to support embedded software product development.
• Development of testing and validation strategies.
• Maintenance and enhancement of software for existing Dyson products.
• Administration and maintenance of supporting infrastructure for software development.
• Integration of software with hardware
• Experience of developing real-time embedded products
• Experience in high level languages including: C and C++
• Experience of RTOS and/or embedded OS e.g. FreeRTOS, ThreadX, Linux etc
• Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth V4.x, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT
• Knowledge of UML
• Exposure to development in an Agile (Scrum) environment
• Ability to prioritize and manage your workload
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in scripting languages, including Python
• Experience in Java and Objective C
• Experience of Atlassian Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash etc.)
• Experience of using Enterprise Architect