Software Test Automation Engineer
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
We work in a supportive environment in a team which is constantly aiming to improve itself. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations. You must be fluent in SW verification methodologies and techniques, with a background in automation of testing for embedded products.
• Review Requirements and talk to Testers to understand Product Automation potential
• Design Test Rigs allowing Unattended Automated Software Testing around a PCB/Wi-Fi or complete product
• Use Simulators to replace hardware components and provide controlled data for testing
• Control Test Execution by serial line, Wi-Fi or Labview, Bamboo/Jenkins
• Maintain Test Rigs, reporting Test Results per Agile Sprint and Software Release
• Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for new technologies
• Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
• Verification experience of code written in C/C++.
• Experience of using scripting languages Python, or Labview for controlled testing
• Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
• Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Very good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.