Embedded SW Test Engineer
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- You will work closely with the Electronics, Design, SWQA and Quality Technical Leadership Teams, across multiple product categories to define test strategies and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- You will be tasked with hands-on technical responsibilities, and will need to own continuous improvement of test automation practices, and bring automation in line with existing functional test efforts. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts (using C/C++ / Ruby / Lab view) for functional automation as well as creating metrics and increasing test coverage using these automated systems. Close collaboration with and analysis of existing manual tests will also be in scope.
- You will need to become expert at defect/bug management integrating with the Atlassian suite of products (Jira/Confluence, Bamboo) as an Application Lifecycle Management solution as well as Test Rail.
- You will design and create test scripts using C/C++ and/or VB.NET?? to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- You will plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- You will contribute to team agile planning activities and backlog prioritization and management; and test engineering’s strategic automation planning and projects.
- You will identify verification areas, risk and scope improvements needed. You will need to rapidly acquire product test knowledge through product hands-on experience.
- You will need to own actions to reduce test quality incidents and escapes into the field.
- You will conduct first level of issue triage and provide value add to the defect management process.
- You will need to work closely with external test suppliers to provide them guidance on qualification execution expectations (such as schedule, setups, tools etc) and manage them to ensure timely delivery of tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3 years of relevant experience in quality engineering or test automation experience with strong knowledge of tools used for test, build and release process like Jira- is a MUST
- Proven experience developing scripts beyond record and playback using C# and/or VB.NET. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experienced in one or all of the following is a must - Cucumber, ruby, Java for Android studio, Swift for Xcode, LabVIEW, C/C++
- Demonstrated experience in writing test automation frameworks for integration and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques, with experience in Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence cross-functional, cross-cultural teams without formal authority.
- Ensure Quality - Demonstrates accuracy,
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;