Software Test Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, our Malmesbury HQ is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 3,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
You will be part of a collaborative environment where the team is embracing new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across a variety of products (Robotics, Fans, Lighting, new areas).
You'll work with verification methodologies and techniques, in an embedded products environment, so will need to be comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
- Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases and create appropriate Tests cases
- Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around a PCB using emulators or a complete product
- Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for Software/UI/Wi-Fi or new technologies
- Automate Software Testing using Python controlled from Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino
- Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Test Results with TestRail
- Own the test area and be responsible for the software quality level
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Verification experience of code written in C/C++/Python, or Wi-Fi connected products
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem
- Experience of scripting languages Python/Perl, or basic Matlab/Labview
- Agile; providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
- Creative and product focused ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies