Software Test Engineer
£Competitive plus Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
We have a vacancy for a Software Test Engineer to work on challenging projects in consumer products including robotics.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
In the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
We work in a supportive environment in a team which is constantly aiming to improve itself. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations. You must be fluent in SW verification methodologies and techniques, with a solid background in embedded C/C++, you will also be comfortable with high-level design and abstraction of platform and application code.
- Implement software verification techniques for consumer products including robotics.
Development of testing and validation strategies including regression testing.
- Integration testing of software within various applications, at the SW level.
- Collaboration with robotics research engineers to verify and validate theoretical robotic algorithms
- Use of scripting languages and tools for use in data mining, post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Administration and maintenance of supporting infrastructure for software development.
- Verification experience of code written in C/C++.
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- Experience of using scripting languages to post process large volumes of data.
- Experience of test automation and associated tools.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.