Software Test Engineer
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
We work in a supportive environment in a team which is constantly aiming to improve itself. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations. You must be fluent in SW verification methodologies and techniques, with a background in embedded products C/C++, you will also be comfortable with high-level design and abstraction of platform and application code.
• Plan and implement Software Testing Strategies for a project including regression testing.
• Review Software Requirements/Use-Cases, and build tests against Requirements/Use-Cases • Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around a PCB/Wi-Fi or complete product
• Design Test Rigs allowing Automated Software Testing controlled by serial line or Wi-Fi
• Execute Tests, reporting Test Results per Agile Sprint and Software Release
• Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for new technologies
• Use of scripting languages and tools for use in data mining, post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
• Verification experience of code written in C/C++.
• Experience of using scripting languages Python, basic Matlab/Labview,
• Agile, providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
• Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
• Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
• Persistent nature, inquisitive attitude and results driven.
• Creative and product focussed ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
• Very good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.