Software Test Engineer
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
We are looking to grow our software test capability here in Dyson, but we are choosing to do this in a different way. We are looking to recruit software developers to help build an automated testing framework using whatever tools and techniques they choose, but with one goal – automate everything!
This is a software developer test role within the Intelligent Platform software group, you will be part of a successful software test team that will support the test and integration of Dyson’s Intelligent Platform into world changing products. You will be capable of developing automated test frameworks and specifications to test our platforms efficiently, and align with other testing teams to help develop automated testing strategies and frameworks.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Develop automated software test frameworks and test cases in alignment with other test teams to test software and system level requirements.
• Liaise with all other software development teams to ensure success and resolve test issues early on.
• Use testing to prove out integration of software components, provide regression and sanity test capability, and log problems or issues within a defect tracking tool.
• Include testing early by engaging with development of software architectures upfront.
• Extensive experience of software testing within the real-time embedded software development domain
• Experience in high level programming and scripting languages including: C/C++ and Python
• Experience and knowledge of SW verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
• Experience in automation of software testing strategies
• Robustness, corner case, black box, and white box testing experience
• Agile (Scrum) experience and project management experience
• Demonstrable experience in deploying automated test strategies