Lead Test Engineer, Bristol
£Competitive, 27 days holiday, bonus and pension
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated cloud/backend focused Test Lead who is passionate about Lean & Agile software development to lead and grow a team of likeminded test engineers in Dyson’s rapidly expanding IoT platform engineering group. You will be responsible for helping to define test strategies, automation frameworks, processes and team behaviours to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
- Provide daily technical test leadership and coaching to the team to allow them to become skilled at their craft and deliver high quality consistently
- With other test leads, define and implement an evolutionary test automation framework for the cloud.
- Detailed test automation design and code reviews to ensure consistency, quality and direction.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to define acceptance criteria, measure team statistics such as velocity and help drive through team process improvements.
- Team design, recruitment and performance management.
- Hands-on contribution to testing and test automation.
- Analysing risk within the system and constantly reviewing our overall test approach to match
- Expert in Lean Agile software development.
- Evangelist for cloud services/micro services testing and agile testing techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the different levels of testing and techniques to achieve them in a micro services architecture (mocking, stubbing, DVTs, contract testing etc.)
Evangelist for test automation and how to build maintainable and extendable tests suites.
- Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
- Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies. Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry
- Proficient, or interested in, open source test frameworks like Cucumber/Specflow and proficient in Ruby, Node.js or C#.
- Strong ability to lead and coach teams to deliver quality at high velocity
- An understanding about Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and cloud deployment automation pipelines.
- Familiarity with disposable environments and leveraging deployment automation in test environments.
- Experience of API testing, Load testing and Amazon EC2.
- Able to gain consensus and drive technical direction of a functional area across multiple teams.
- Ability to coach developers to improve their approach to testing
- An experienced team leader
- Experienced calm approach to problem solving and encourages systems thinking.
- Proven ability to take a team from concept through to production.
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to simplify concepts for wider audiences.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for cloud testing with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work across cultures and time zones.