Software Test Lead - Connected Products
We’re looking for a Software Test Lead to join our Mobile and Cloud development team in the centre of Bristol. You will be a technical tester who values shipping quality builds on a regular basis, whilst leading a small team of test engineers.
In May 2016 Dyson launched its second connected product, the Dyson Pure Cool Link, which joins our existing 360 Eye robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system, Dyson Link. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services (mobile app backend, firmware upgrade management, message routing/remote product control, analytics and responsive scaling).
This team will focus on development of apps and services to support our growing and innovative range of connected products. We are looking for to recruit across a wide range of skill sets within Mobile Application/Connectivity; including Mobile Application Development, UX/UI Designers, Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Project Management, Testing/Quality and Leadership roles to research, design and create mobile applications which will transform the way customers interact with future Dyson products.
- Keeping up with an Agile development team, formulating verification tasks for stories but also understanding the big picture for the week ahead.
- Provide critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature.
- Perform exploratory testing, being able to de-construct the interactions between apps, products and a micro-service oriented cloud platform to find weak spots.
- Engagement with project managers, internal customers and developers to prioritise defects/bugs on live projects and regular releases.
- Exposure to Xcode, Android Studio or Java / .Net development environment
- Proficient, or interested in, open source test frameworks like Cucumber and Calabash and programming in Ruby, Node.js or C#.
- Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
- Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies. Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry Highly
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines